LHC Control Button

LHC Control Button
press in case of emergency

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Home again, home again!

WOW! I am at the moment sitting on my couch reviewing the photos of the last three weeks and I am in awe, mainly, with all the amazing people I have met. This fantastic opportunity to experience lectures in particle physics, accelerators and detectors was, in some ways, overshadowed by the amazing teachers I have met. Their commitment and experiences have taught me so much and I am thankful for their laughter, support and general good times had.

I am overwhelmed at the amazing work people at CERN do. If I could make only one statement about the High School Teachers Program, I would say make sure you apply, and make sure you go. It is a life changing experience, not just for you, but for all the students you will be teaching after your experience.

If you have any questions, or require any information, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Take care,
Juliana

1 comment:

  1. My company needed a frx report writer and we had to find someone who knew the best steps to take, these guys were the best!

    ReplyDelete

Steven Weinberg

Steven Weinberg
Winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics

The Geneva Treasure Hunt

The Geneva Treasure Hunt

The Standard Model

The Standard Model

Q: What is France famous for?

Q: What is France famous for?
A: Particle Detectors & Sunflowers

Microcosm Exhibit

Microcosm Exhibit
Look...I'm in the Collider!

First Day at CERN

First Day at CERN
LHC Dipole Magnet @ CERN